About the Client:
An e-distributor that has partnered with over 2,000 brands & has 100,000+ registered retailers. Client has adopted an App-Only approach with mobile apps on platforms like Android and iOS. The app hosts over 500,000 products from 2,000+ brands across categories like Foods, Drinks, Personal Care, Auto, Mobile, Tech, Home, Fashion, Toys, Sports, Stationery and others.
Being an e-commerce giant, the client received huge amount of transaction requests thus leading to enormous number of database transactions. In such case, it was essential to have a robust system which can support this quantity of transactions. The existing system had a tightly coupled architecture which led to complete system shut down for a down time of a single component in the architecture. Also, due to lack of database replication, the client faced the inadequacies of data redundancy and inconsistency.
DevOpsTech started with an initial consulting assessment followed by technical architecture reengineering for the existing system.
DevOpsTech revamped the entire architecture of the client which led to following improvements.
- Database Replication (Percona XtraDB Cluster) with MySQL configuration tuned up for performance improvements
- High Availability by implementing HAProxy as the load balancer and fault Tolerance by configuring automatic failover for HAProxy with keep alived
- Elasticity by configuring auto-scaling in AWS
- Implemented the database load balancer for caching and performance needs.
- Delivered an uptime of 99.9999% by setting up high availability, fault tolerance along with scaling capabilities.
- Leveraged DevOpsTech’s technical expertise in AWS and MySQL technologies.
- Delivered within the provided time estimate along with documentation for further references.